In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Back by popular demand for the 8th year, it won't be long before its time to greet the New Year again with a a fun run with friends and a big mug of hot chocolate!
As always everyone who finishes the race gets a great mug, all the hot chocolate they can drink, and all dog entries go to support the SPCA of Wake County.
There are 4 races to choose from! The signature event is the 5K Doggie Dash but there's also a regular 5K, 8K, and 1 Mile fun run.
The F&A Doggie Dash is also the first race of Fit & Able's 2021 Free-for-All Race Series.
Fit & Able loves family fitness and whose four-legged furry friend isn't part of the family? Dog owners are welcome to run with their pups in both the 5K and 8K; there's no longer a separate event just for dogs. Now the whole family can run together! For only $10 per pup it will be happy trails for both runners and their dogs. AND, the full $10 dog fee goes to support the Wake County SPCA!
PLEASE NOTE: only one dog per registered runner and you MUST register your dog for them to run with you. The race will be more fun with the whole family there and you'll be supporting a great organization in our community!
Mutts & Marshmallows is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: WakeMed Soccer Park (201 Soccer Park Dr., Cary, NC 27511)
Course Information: The course is on WakeMed's cross country course with dirt, grass, and natural trails with moderate to big hills; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* Dogs running with owners must be registered, numbered, and on a leash at all times. The $10 dog registration fee goes to support the Wake County SPCA!
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Mutts & Marshmallows bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Race Souvenirs: Mug guaranteed for 5K, 8K, and 1 Mile finishers if registered by December 26th! Mug not included with Kids in Strollers. Mugs come in red, green, and blue. Like the mug and want another? No problem! You can reserve an additional Mutts & Marshmallows race mug for $12. All 5K and 8K finishers will receive a race medal if registered by December 15th. Milers can purchase a medal for $5. Both performance tech and cotton shirts are available for purchase. Shirts and mugs must be picked up at the race; shirts and mugs won't be mailed.
Online pre-registration closes on January 8th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Mutts & Marshmallows and all participants are subject to these event polices.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
AFTER you sign up you can get up to $15 back when you REFER at least 5 friends to register too (and another $15 after 10 more referrals)! Check your confirmation email for YOUR unique referral link and send it out! Learn more about how Referral Refunds work here.
PLUS, anyone who signs up using your link within 72 hours after you register will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
AFTER you register you can get up to $25 back when you RAISE at least $250 through your fundraising page! Set up YOUR fundraising page during registration and send it out! Learn more about how to become a Fundraiser here.
PLUS, create a fundraising team to invite others to help you with their own fundraising pages, whether or not they register to run!
* Only 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds; only 1 Mile and greater races are eligible for fundraising refunds. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions. *
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.