In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Back by popular demand for the 8th year, it won't be long before its time to greet the New Year again with a a fun run with friends and a big mug of hot chocolate!
As always everyone who finishes the race gets a great mug, all the hot chocolate they can drink, and all dog entries go to support the SPCA of Wake County.
There are 4 races to choose from! The signature event is the 5K Doggie Dash but there's also a regular 5K, 8K, and 1 Mile fun run.
The F&A Doggie Dash is also the first race of Fit & Able's 2021 Free-for-All Race Series.
Fit & Able loves family fitness and whose four-legged furry friend isn't part of the family? Dog owners are welcome to run with their pups in both the 5K and 8K; there's no longer a separate event just for dogs. Now the whole family can run together! For only $10 per pup it will be happy trails for both runners and their dogs. AND, the full $10 dog fee goes to support the Wake County SPCA!
PLEASE NOTE: only one dog per registered runner and you MUST register your dog for them to run with you. The race will be more fun with the whole family there and you'll be supporting a great organization in our community!
Mutts & Marshmallows is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: WakeMed Soccer Park (201 Soccer Park Dr., Cary, NC 27511)
Course Information: The course is on WakeMed's cross country course with dirt, grass, and natural trails with moderate to big hills; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* Dogs running with owners must be registered, numbered, and on a leash at all times. The $10 dog registration fee goes to support the Wake County SPCA!
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Mutts & Marshmallows bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Race Souvenirs: Mug guaranteed for 5K, 8K, and 1 Mile finishers if registered by December 26th! Mug not included with Kids in Strollers. Mugs come in red, green, and blue. Like the mug and want another? No problem! You can reserve an additional Mutts & Marshmallows race mug for $12. All 5K and 8K finishers will receive a race medal if registered by December 15th. Milers can purchase a medal for $5. Both performance tech and cotton shirts are available for purchase. Shirts and mugs must be picked up at the race; shirts and mugs won't be mailed.
Online pre-registration closes on January 8th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Mutts & Marshmallows and all participants are subject to these event polices.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
Make sure you download the RaceJoy mobile app for live phone tracking at the Mutts & Marshmallows.
Carry your phone and use RaceJoy to add to your race experience with these key features:
The Mutts & Marshmallows is sponsoring RaceJoy to provide participants and spectators these features for free (normally a 99 cents upgrade fee for both the participant and spectator).
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.